Rutronik Elektronishche Bauelemente has launched a new line of RUTRONIK SMART devices. The products consist of selected sensors, wireless components, micro-controllers, power management, and safety solutions for Internet of Things (IoT) devices. RUTRONIK SMART focuses on four different markets: lifestyle, home comfort, healthcare, and safety.
In terms of smart technology, lifestyle includes wearables and other sports and fitness applications; home comfort includes automated lighting and heating control; health care covers patient monitoring; and safety addresses surveillance and alarm systems.
In other industry news:
- EDS 2015 has changed its start-date from its traditional Sunday, to Monday, May 11th. The summit will run from Tuesday, May 12th through Friday, May 15th at the Mirage Hotel Las Vegas. Additionally, conference host ECIA (Electronic Components Industry Association) has launched its new website. It features personalized content and navigation, members only data, forums for interacting with other members, and more.
- IC Insights’ Fall Forecast Seminar 2014 will take place on September 17 in Sunnyvale, Calif. President Bill McClean will discuss how economic conditions and other developments have reshaped the forecast for IC sales, unit shipments, and pricing trends through 2018.
- Avnet, Inc.’s Board of Directors has nominated Avid Modjtabai, senior executive vice president of Wells Fargo & Company and head of its Consumer Lending Group, to stand for election at the shareholder’s annual meeting on November 6.
- Distributor EarthTron has announced its partnership with Veritas Lighting, intelligent lighting system manufacturer. EarthTron expects considerable growth in the LED lighting industry. Click here for a video promoting the new partnership.
- Fairview Microwave introduces its line of IP67 RF adapters, which are used in the DAS, cellular, aviation, and military industries. The IP67 rated RF adapters use advanced ingress protection, making them practically impenetrable to contaminants such as dust, sand, and water.
PCB Technology Day
September 16, 2014
IC Insights Fall Forecast Seminar 2014
September 17, 2014
MIT Technology Review EmTech
September 23-25, 2014
2014 ECIA Executive Conference
October 26-28, 2014
November 11-14, 2014
2014 NAED Eastern Region Conference
November 10-12, 2014
Marco Island, FL
Avoidance and Visual Indicators of Counterfeit Parts for Management
November 12, 2014
Online Training Course Sponsored by IDEA
ISM Indirect Procurement Conference
December 3-4, 2014
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].