Sager Electronics announced June 12 its intent to purchase PowerGate LLC, a North American power specialist distributor headquartered in Santa Clara, California. The deal, which is expected to close by the end of June, expands Sager’s position in the power market.
“PowerGate is a recognized power specialist with concentration in select North American markets,” said Sager’s President Frank Flynn. “This acquisition advances one of our growth strategies and strengthens our position in the market as a power specialist. Sager Electronics will preserve and build upon PowerGate’s specialization by making significant investments in additional key markets and inventory in order to accelerate growth.”
PowerGate’s president, Paul Christiansen, will become Sager Electronics’ vice president supplier marketing and product management for power. Ed Kramar, PowerGate’s current vice president, will remain with the organization in an advisory capacity, according to Sager.
“We are thrilled to become part of an organization that values and understands our business model,” said Paul Christiansen, President of PowerGate LLC. “My team and I are excited to join the Sager Electronics organization and have the opportunity to service more customers in power with leading edge technologies, technical sales expertise and field application engineering.”
In other industry news:
- America II Electronics, Inc. entered into new distribution agreements with 3M, Transcend Information Inc., Comchip Technology Corp., and Hongfa America Inc.
- TLC Electronics, Inc. promoted Peter (Fong) Xiong to production manager.
- Mouser Electronics received the 2013 Outstanding Year-Over-Year Growth Award from TDK-Lambda Americas, Inc. The award recognizes Mouser’s efforts that helped TDK-Lambda exceed growth and sales goals last year.
- Mouser also announced the launch the new Wearables Technology site, sponsored by STMicroelectronics. The new technology site on Mouser.com provides product information on STMicroelectronics (ST) semiconductor devices that satisfy the always-on, low power, network connected requirements of the emerging Wearables Device and Internet of Things applications.
- Greenliant Systems expanded its distribution agreement with Mouser Electronics. In addition to North America, Mouser will now distribute Greenliant’s NANDrive, ArmourDrive, NAND controller and specialty flash memory products across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and South America.
Mixed Model Line Design Workshop
Toyota Material Handling USA National Customer Center
ISM Risk Management Summit
July 16, 2014
New York Marriott Downtown
New York City, New York
2014 ECIA Executive Conference
October 26-28, 2014
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].