Leviton has established its first operation in Johannesburg, South Africa, marking the global manufacturer’s expansion to cover all seven continents. The maker of electrical wiring devices, data connectivity solutions, and lighting and energy management systems will serve commercial lighting customers in the region.
“Over the past decade, Leviton has systematically and strategically grown our global presence to connect with the world’s most robust economies, insomuch that we now reach every continent around the globe,” said Bruno Filio, vice president of international business development for Leviton. “The Johannesburg facility has been a vital component of our global expansion efforts as it establishes the foundation for Leviton in South Africa and sets the stage for possible expansion to neighboring countries.”
The Johannesburg facility will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of Leviton, selling commercial lighting and networking products through specialized distributors.
In other industry news:
- Avnet Electronics Marketing introduced the FMC Carrier Card and the Breakout Carrier Card, extensions of the MicroZed™ Evaluation Kit and System-on-Module (SOM), offering hardware and software designers cost-effective platforms that can be used to prototype a wide variety of applications in the industrial, medical, security, and communications markets.
- Avnet EM also announced it has joined with Texas Instruments and Exosite to produce a fee webinar showing engineers how to use TI’s new Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad to create solutions for cloud-based applications. Attendees can participate in the live training on February 27, 2014, at 11 a.m. PST, or view the webinar on demand after the live event. Information is available on Avnet’s website.
- Distributor BTC Electronic Components received a 2013 Boeing Performance Excellence Award.
- Future Electronics announced it has become the first ARM Accreditation Corporate Partner, based on its adoption of the ARM Accredited Engineer (AAE) program worldwide. Accredited Engineer status is is prized in the embedded engineering community as proof of the holder’s detailed knowledge of the ARM® architecture, instructions, and capabilities and of the practice of code development on the ARM platform.
- Distributor RFMW announced that Tom Butler joined the organization as director of sales for North America. Butler has held positions at Crescend Technologies, TriQuint, and RFMD.
- Sager Electronics announced the expansion of its lease agreement for its corporate headquarters and 100,000 square foot distribution center in Middleborough, Mass. The deal extends until July 2021 and includes renovations and enhancements to the facility.
- TTI announced the addition of Paris-based Decision Conseil to its MarketEYE Resource Center. The organization will provide market updates on telecommunications, consumer goods, and the computer industry, automotive, military, aerospace, and industrial segments.
University of Industrial Distribution
March 9-12, 2014
March 31 – April 4, 2014
Santa Clara, Calif.
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].