Authorized distributor BTC Electronic Components launched an enhanced website that includes e-commerce capabilities. The updated www.BTCElectronics.com was designed based on customer feedback, with the goal to provide a secure, reliable, and productive online environment, according to the company.
“Our customers, like the larger population, have moved online and it’s our goal to be where our customers need us,” says Geoff Jones, BTC’s marketing manager. “The enhanced site is another channel for our customers to utilize in finding the right interconnect solution for their application. Since 1980, we’ve intently listened to what our customers want, and do everything we can to meet or exceed their expectations. ”
Some of the new features of the enhanced website include:
- Full ecommerce capability with the latest credit card processing technology
- Place orders with a BTC Account Number
- Same-Day inventory and pricing on more than 100,000 products
- State-of-the-art part search functionality
- View volume discounts on selected manufacturers
- Express Order Module
- Online Chat
- Easy to understand Order Review Screen
- Updated Order and RFQ status through My Account page
In other industry news:
- Allied Electronics announced that it will provide a Model A Raspberry Pi computer board to each one of the more than 130 high school-age Dean’s List Award finalists who participated in the 2014 FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) season. The Dean’s List Award began in 2010 to recognize the leadership and dedication of the most outstanding FRC students.
- Element14 announced this summer’s launch of the Raspberry Pi Compute Module Development Kit, which includes the Broadcom BCM 2835 chip and connects to a separate IO board for programming and configuration.
- Sager Electronics announced the expansion of its Field Application Engineering (FAE) program with the addition of Bob Kochem, who joins Sager as a field applications engineer supporting power and thermal design activities in New England.
- Mouser Electronics was named Top Catalog Distributor for 2013 by Philips Lumileds, an industry leader in LED lighting.
- Avnet Electronics Marketing announced the release of the Industrial MicroZed System-on-Module (SOM), the MicroZed Cost-Optimized (CO) SOM, and the MicroZed Single Board Computer (SBC). The additions expand on Avnet’s existing MicroZed portfolio.
And don’t miss these upcoming industry events:
IEEE Electronic Components & Technology Conference
Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
ISM Risk Management Summit
July 16, 2014
New York Marriott Downtown
New York City, New York
2014 ECIA Executive Conference
October 26-28, 2014
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].