Independent distributor Advanced MP Technology is celebrating its 35th year in business, an event that coincides with the opening of a new automated logistics center in San Clemente, Calif. The 60,000 square-foot center gives the distributor additional resources and storage space for inventory management services and houses a more advanced quality control testing facility with the addition of new testing equipment, the company says.
“The completion of this new logistics center is a great accomplishment for AMPT and resource for our customers worldwide,” AMPT global logistics director Mike England said in a company statement. “In conjunction with the additional stocking space this new warehouse provides, the inclusion of the new quality testing equipment will optimize the turnaround time between receiving to shipment.”
The new logistics center is integrated into the company’s global operations, powered by its next-generation software system from Oracle, the company also announced.
In other industry news:
- Authorized distributor East Coast Microwave was recently certified to the AS 9100 C quality standard.
- Manufacturer Laird Technologies announced the release of its Bluetooth Selection Tool, which allows engineers to narrow down the company’s Bluetooth offerings and choose the right module solution for specific project requirements.
- Connector manufacturer Precision Connector, Inc. announced its updated website at www.precisionconnector.com; the site includes new and enhanced product sections and selection tools.
- TTI, Inc. signed a distribution agreement with the PKC Group to become the first authorized distributor of PKC’s component products to include power distribution centers, connection systems, terminal systems, and routing and retention aids.
- Mouser Electronics entered into an agreement with Axiomtek to supply its extensive offering of single board computers, industrial motherboards, and embedded systems.
University of Industrial Distribution
March 9-12, 2014
March 31 – April 4, 2014
Santa Clara, Calif.
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].