Memory Protection Devices has launched BH123A, an ultra-low profile battery holder for “123A” batteries. When the battery holder is mounted on a printed circuit board (PCB), it adds no height to a CR123A cell, which remains flush with the surface. Multiple holders can be wired through the PCB for serial or parallel connectivity options.
The BH123A is made of premium materials like stainless steel and polypropylene. Its plastic body offers high heat resistance, good stiffness and easy battery exchanges while firmly keeping the battery cell in place, according to the company.
Stainless steel contacts offer a good balance of mechanical characteristics. Stainless steel resists oxidation at high temperatures and is a widely used material with excellent corrosion resistance, and high strength and ductility. The contacts are nickel plated for mating with nickel-plated contacts on lithium cells.
- The holder’s performance exceeds thermal, shock, and vibration testing as outlined in EIA-364.
- Lightweight at 2.75 g (without battery).
- Reach & RoHS compliant, containing less than 0.1% of the SVHCs and free of DBP, BBP, DEHP, DIEP, PFOA, PFOS, and halogen.
- Rugged enough for typical applications, passes 1-m drop test.
- PP is rated at the Vicat softening temperature of 155ºC per ISO 306.
- PP is FDA approved for repeated food contact per 21 CFR 177.1520.
- Wave soldering is quick & reliable with 2 wide-blade pc pins.
Batteries ranging from alkaline and lithium to lithium-ion can be used in the holder.