Business book publisher Kogan Page recently released four new books for purchasing professionals. Negotiation for Purchasing Professionals examines tools and tactics necessary for negotiation and is written around the Red Sheet Methodology—which is a collaborative technique that incorporates game theory, category management, and negotiation skills. Leading Procurement Strategy gives a broad perspective of different industries—reinforcing academic theory and studies to help readers understand the advantages and impact of procurement. The authors also examine key issues and offer tools for managing procurement and supply.
Strategic Procurement discusses the “why” and “what” of good procurement instead of “how.” It is written for the non-procurement expert and is an expanded edition with new chapters on mergers and acquisitions, supplier-related risk management, and global supply. The Procurement Value Proposition discusses how global economic change may alter purchasing strategies, organizational structure, role and responsibility, system development, and the skills required to work in the profession.
In other industry news:
- Allied Electronics announced that it is now an authorized distributor of Amphenol Audio. Allied will be distributing Amphenol Audio’s audio connectors.
- The MicroZed Chronicles, by engineer Adam Taylor, chronicles the author’s work with the Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC. The free e-book download is available here (registration Required).
- International Rectifier will be at Electronica 2014, in Munich next month. IR’s innovative energy saving technologies and products will be on display in Hall A5, Booth 320. Electronica takes place November 11-14.
- Avnet’s Wade McDaniel, vice president of solutions architecture, Avnet Velocity, will present a session titled “Innovating the Supply Chain through Segmentation, Planning, and Forecasting,” at the IBF Business Forecasting & Planning: Best Practices Conference. The event takes place October 28-29, 2014, at Disney’s Beach & Yacht Club Resort in Orlando, Fla.
- Purchase-to-pay solutions provider Basware has been ranked among the world’s largest software and service providers in Software Magazine’s 32nd annual Software 500 listing. Basware is ranked 266 out of 500 companies based on its software and services revenue.
Rutronik Webinar Series
Now through December 12, 2014
October 22, 2014
Hoffman Estates, IL
Embedded Design Show
October 22-23, 2014
Standard and Customized Antennas
October 24, 2014
2014 ECIA Executive Conference
October 26-28, 2014
November 11-14, 2014
2014 NAED Eastern Region Conference
November 10-12, 2014
Marco Island, FL
Avoidance and Visual Indicators of Counterfeit Parts for Management
November 12, 2014
Online Training Course Sponsored by IDEA
ISM Indirect Procurement Conference
December 3-4, 2014
Quality and Reliability Technical Symposium
March 23-25, 2015
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].