Tablet microprocessor units (MPUs), DRAM, and cell-phone application MPUs are driving growth in the integrated circuit (IC) market, according to a report from researcher IC Insights. In an update to its “2014 McClean Report,” the company pegs 10 product categories to exceed the 7% total IC market growth forecast for this year, with seven of the 10 set for double-digit growth.
In addition to tablet MPUs, DRAM and cell-phone MPUs, industrial applications, NAND flash, 32-bit microcontroller units (MCUs), and display drivers are all set for double-digit growth in 2014. Tablet MPUs are forecast to grow 35%; DRAM is set to grow 23%; cell-phone app MPUs 19%; industrial/other app-specific analog and NAND flash are set to grow 12% each; and 32-bit MCUs and display drivers are forecast to grow 10% each. Automotive applications and wired communications are also set to outpace the average IC market growth this year, at 8% each.
In other industry news, electronics distributors made the following recent announcements:
- America II Electronics celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
- Peerless Electronics announced it now offers Kissling battery disconnect switches.
- TLC Electronics signed a franchise agreement with CIT Relay and Switch.
- TTI, Inc. recognized 11 suppliers for outstanding performance: Bourns, FCI, KEMET Electronics, KOA Speer Electronics, Littlefuse, Molex, Murata, Nichicon, Phoenix Contact, TDK, and Vishay.
- Sager Electronics announced a new distribution agreement with power conversion solutions supplier Artesyn Embedded Technologies.
March 31 – April 4, 2014
Santa Clara, Calif.
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].