Onlinecomponents.com has launched a redesigned website, which now features decision making resources, quick sort features, and consolidates user’s experience. Founded in 1999, this exclusively web-based distributor of electronic components now offers flat rate shipping on both domestic and international orders, accepts additional payment methods including PayPal, and allows users to complete orders faster and easier with an enhanced checkout process. Aside from mechanical changes, the website is also more visually appealing.
“With a clean Web interface coupled with our growing customer service team, we are committed to providing our customers with an informative and purchase-oriented website,” says Jane Judd, General Manager at Onlinecomponents.com The company features more than one million products for sale—350,000 in stock and ready to ship from 300 different brands. The website is already preparing to enhance the “my account” section and include a “best in class” BOM tool.
In other industry news:
- Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas entered a distribution agreement with SMARTRAC N.C., developer, manufacturer, and supplier of radio-frequency identification and near field communications transponders, tags, and inlays.
- Avnet EM also announced new workshops in its SpeedWay Design series. The new workshops will feature Microsemi Corp.’s new low-power, cost-optimized IGLOO 2 FPGAs.
- Global wireless solutions provider Brightstar announced the completion of its purchase of 20:20 Mobile Group in Europe. Brightstar 20:20 will serve the entire European marketplace with facilities in the United Kingdom, Spain, Hungary, Portugal, Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden.
- The Electronic Components Industry Association (ECIA) will host a Teleforum on March 11 to discuss how recent government actions are affecting the electronic components industry. For information, visit: http://www.saleswise.ca/index.cfm?id=55086=
- Multitron, which represents German component manufacturer MENTOR, has launched an all-new website: http://www.multitron.co.uk/
ISM Supply Chain Diversity Summit
University of Industrial Distribution
March 9-12, 2014
March 31 – April 4, 2014
Santa Clara, Calif.
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].