Mouser Electronics added to its growing list of online technical resources recently with the launch of its new Harsh Environments Technology Web site for design engineers. The new site offers technical information that can help designers develop new solutions to withstand water or high humidity levels, extreme temperature ranges and cycles, electrostatic discharge, electromagnetic interference, vibrations and physical impact. It also covers IP Code (IEC 60529) and NEMA Type Number (NEMA 250) ratings, which designate the various types and degrees of protection afforded to electrical equipment by a housing or enclosure against water, dust, corrosive agents and more.
The site includes industry articles, white papers, a library of technical resources, a featured products guide and a user-friendly graphical interface to speed navigation.
The Harsh Environments Site joins the ranks of 13 other application- and technology-focused sites available at Mouser.com.
“The rationale behind our Technology sites is to educate, help narrow the list of products, and find the right products for their design projects,” says Kevin Hess, Mouser’s vice president of technical marketing. “Applications that fall in the harsh environments category, especially downhole (oil and gas), require robust, reliable components capable of withstanding extreme temperatures, intense vibration, water, and more. Our goal is to help transform knowledge into design know-how—all with the simple click of a mouse.”
In other company news, Mouser is also getting ready for this weekend’s GoPro Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma at the Infineon Raceway, where champion driver Tony Kanaan will race the No. 11 Mouser Electronics/GEICO/KV Racing Technology Chevrolet/Firestone IndyCar. The two-and-a-half mile race course is in California’s Sonoma Wine Country; the race is scheduled for Sunday, August 26th.
In other news:
- Avnet Inc. CEO Rick Hamada will be a featured presenter at the upcoming Executive Conference of the Electronic Components Industry Association, slated for Oct. 28-30 in Chicago. Hamada will discuss innovation and the drive to keep pace with a fast-evolving technological marketplace. For more information on the event, go to http://www.eciaonline.org/meetings/ExecutiveConference/2012/index.htm
- Newark element14 expanded its technical support team of engineers to include ARM-trained and certified specialists. The team’s embedded design specialists offer software and tools selection assistance for developers who are using any ARM-based processor, including ARM Cortex M3 and Cortex M4 core processors.
- Supply chain solutions provider EarthTron, Inc. was named to the 2012 Inc. 500|5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
And still others were making headlines with new distribution agreements:
Arrow Electronics expanded its distribution agreement component manufacturer Schurter to cover all of Europe, the Middle East and Africa region (EMEA). The distributor also signed a new agreement with Microchip Technology to represent its complete line of 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit PIC microcontrollers, analog and interface semiconductors, wireless solutions, and memory devices, along with related
- Digi-Key announced new global distribution agreements with Rubycon and Olimex Ltd. The distributor will sell Rubycon’s line of capacitors to customers worldwide and will represent Olimex’s development tools for the embedded market. Digi-Key also said it now stocks Honeywell’s HMD5983 3-Axis Digital Compass ICs.
- Future Electronics expanded its agreement withMicrochip Technology to include all of the products from Microchip’s SMSC acquisition.
- Mouser announced it is now stocking the following products: TDK-Lambda’s Z+ Programmable Power Supplies; STMicroelectronics’ LBP01 Series of LED Bypass Protection Devices; SolderCore’s Open Source Design Platform, supporting TI Stellaris MCUs; Bluegiga’s WF111/WF121 Wi-Fi modules.
- TTI extended its existing Murata franchise to include Murata Power Systems PCB-mount power products.
Don’t miss these upcoming industry events:
Northeast Supply Chain Management Summit
Sponsored by supply chain management firm Banneker Industries
August 23, 2012
UL 1449 Surge Protection Solutions Lightning Surge Protection
Pre-recorded online QuikCast, presented by TTI, Littlefuse and Electronic Design
October 15-17, 2012
ECIA Executive Conference
October 28-30, 2012
SAE 2012 Counterfeit Parts Avoidance Symposium
Sponsored by SAE and TTI, Inc.
November 2, 2012
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].