Mouser Electronics launched a new Web site this month focused on Broadcast Applications. Part of the Applications & Technologies section of Mouser.com, the new page provides designers with the latest resources, articles, featured products, and technical resources to help them create innovative new broadcast designs.
The site also provides resources to help with system design, from detailed block diagrams and product lists for multi-format transcoder, broadcast platform, and video conferencing applications. Visitors can learn more about the latest products for broadcast designs, including Altera Cyclone V FPGAs, Texas Instruments’ DM37xDaVinci Video Processors and more. In addition, a feature article by Mouser addresses important considerations when designing power distribution systems for broadcasting and other noise-sensitive applications. The site also features white papers and application notes from leading semiconductor manufacturers Altera, Maxim Integrated, and Cypress Semiconductor.
Mouser also announced the signing of a new worldwide distribution agreement with Analog Devices covering the company’s complete product portfolio, including data converters, amplifiers, MEMS, DSPs, RF and power management ICs and associated development tools. Mouser’s president and CEO Glenn Smith described the agreement as a “huge win” for Mouser customers.
“Combining ADI’s leadership position in high-performance analog products with our global reach makes it possible for design engineers worldwide to obtain the newest technologies from one authorized source,” Smith said.
In other industry news:
- Electronics industry distributors and manufacturers were among the thousands of spectators at the national championship for the 2013 FIRST Robotics Competition, a major international science and technology event for high school students pioneered by world-renowned inventor Dean Kamen. Members of the Electronic Components Industry Association (ECIA) have stepped up sponsorship of the event in recent years, donating electronic components and equipment to teams of students around the world. The national championships were held in late April at the Edward Jones arena in St. Louis.
- Avnet Inc. is celebrating its 45th anniversary as one of the Fortune 500 companies. Avnet ranked 117th on the 2013 Fortune 500 List of largest U.S. companies, with $25.7 billion in sales for fiscal 2012. Avnet was also named to Fortune’s Most Admired list this year, appearing in the Wholesaler: Electronics category for the fifth straight year. Avnet also ranked number one on this year’s SourceESB Top 50 Electronics Distributors report.
- Avnet Electronics Marketing announced the addition of Xilinx Zynq®-7000 All Programmable (AP) SoC Mini-Module Plus, a system-on-module (SOM) based on the Xilinx Zynq-7000 AP SoC XC7Z045T device to its Mini-Module Plus Development System, a fully customizable modular platform comprised of a baseboard, FPGA/SoC module, power module, and optional FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC).
- Allied Electronicssigned a distribution agreement with ON Semiconductor, expanding the distributor’s semiconductor offering, including ON Semiconductor’s comprehensive portfolio of energy-efficient products. Allied also ranked fifth on the 2013 SourceESB Top 50 Electronics Distributors report.
- Newark element 14—also a Top 50 company—announced a new program to help U.S. industry weather the 2013 storm seasons. In anticipation of an above-average hurricane season this year, the company is promoting its offering of power management resources and products to industrial engineers and facility managers throughout the Southern and Eastern United States.
- Newark element14 also received a Texas Instruments (TI) 2012 Supplier Excellence Award.
- TTI Inc. released the newest episode of its promotional video series The Specialist, featuring Agent TDK. TTI ranked fourth on this year’s SourceESB Top 50 report.
Institute for Supply Management 2nd Annual Risk Management Conference
July 25-26, 2013
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].