Mouser Electronics expanded its Applications & Technologies sites at Mouser.com to include a new Computing Applications site. The site offers information and educational resources on server motherboard, network attached storage and Ethernet switch that offer easy-to-use information and include block diagrams, reference articles, products and resources, the company said in an announcement this month. The site also includes reference articles on innovations in data storage and cloud computing, addressing some of today’s newest computing applications challenges.
“The arrival of cloud computing has made faster processing, faster data retrieval, larger capacity storage, and faster machine-to-machine communications more important than ever, driving innovations in hardware technology,” Mouser officials said, adding that engineers can learn about featured products in major categories of memory, power supply, embedded, interconnects, and so forth on the new site. What’s more, a featured products guide and user-friendly graphical interface speed navigation, which means engineers can quickly navigate to products and information based on defined parameters and design requirements, helping them design in certain advantages in product features and lifecycles.
Mouser’s new computing applications site joins a group of six other focused microsites covering audio, automotive, broadcast, industrial, lighting, and medical. Fifteen technology-focused sites complement the applications sites, covering related topics such as energy harvesting, harsh environments, low power, MEMS and more.
“The thinking behind our Applications & Technologies sites is to help transform knowledge into design know-how,” says Kevin Hess, Mouser’s vice president of technical marketing. “We want to help engineers and buyers maximize their time. Mouser.com is set to help them do exactly that—quickly and easily.”
In line with those efforts, Mouser is a sponsor of the world’s largest summit on energy harvesting, taking place this week in California. Energy Harvesting & Storage USA 2013 focuses on critical areas of efficient energy harvesting, including products and techniques that minimize losses and increase efficiency.
In other industry news:
- Avnet Electronics Marketing is celebrating its 25th anniversary as a distributor of Panasonic electronic components.
- Distributors TTI Inc., Mouser Electronics, and Sager Electronics—all Berkshire Hathaway companies—are partnering as local Texas sponsors for the SAE Counterfeit Parts Avoidance Symposium—South, presented by SAE International on Tuesday, December 10 in Irving, Texas.
- Mouser Electronics was honored with a NorthFace ScoreBoard Customer Service Excellence Award from Omega Management Group Corp. The award recognizes Mouser’s excellence in customer service and support.
- Sager Electronics received three marketing awards from the Electronic Components Industry Association at the group’s recent ECIA Executive Conference.
- Connector distributor BTC Electronic Components has expanded its distribution sales team with a new group that will work out of the company’s Wake Forest, NC, headquarters.
- Global technology company Laird announced the appointment of Rick Morse as senior vice president and general manager of its Wireless Automation and Control Solutions Business, a unit of Laird’s Wireless Systems Division.
And in other electronics industry news, companies announced the following new distribution agreements:
- Mouser Electronics signed a new agreement with Hamlin Electronics to offer Hamlin’s line of sensors, reed relays, and reed switches globally.
- Peerless Electronics signed distribution agreements for four new product lines: Hoffman Enclosures, McLean Cooling Technology, VDO, and Kissling.
- Avnet Electronics Marketing announced the availability of VITA-compliant solutions for ruggedized connectors from TE Connectivity and Samtec, Inc.
- America II Electronics announced a new distribution agreement with Alliance Memory, manufacturer of legacy memory used in digital consumer, networking, mobile communication, industrial, medical, and automotive applications.
- Switch, connector, and custom component maker CW Industries announced the addition of two new manufacturer representative firms: Quality Sales Inc. will represent CW Industries’ products in Indiana and Kentucky, and Electronic Marketing Associates will represent them in the South and in Florida.
14th Annual ISM Indirect/Services Conference
December 5-6, 2013
SAE 2013 Counterfeit Parts Avoidance Symposium-South
December 10, 2013
March 31 – April 4, 2014
Santa Clara, Calif.
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].