Lalit Wadhwa, vice president, global supply chain operations at Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), will address how procurement executives can better utilize metrics to help achieve corporate objectives during an upcoming industry conference. Wadhwa will discuss the topic in his presentation, “Using Metrics Framework and Scorecards to Align Goals of Procurement with the Enterprise at Large,” at the IQPC 2014 Chief Procurement Officer Exchange, slated for October 19-21 in Frisco, Texas.
The CPO Exchange is an invitation-only event catering to senior purchasing, sourcing, procurement, and supply chain executives responsible for providing strategic leadership and guidance within their companies.
“As supply chains increasingly define an enterprise’s competitive standing, procurement groups must be more cognizant of the need to align their goals with the overall strategic direction of their organization in order to support the bottom line and enhance productivity,” said Wadhwa. “In my presentation, I will discuss the various ways in which procurement organizations can/should utilize metrics and scorecards to deliver greater value by driving more cohesion with both internal and external business partners.”
Key discussion points in the presentation will include:
- The role of metrics to align goals of procurement
- The role (if any) that procurement should take in the long-term planning aspects of the enterprise
- Frequency in which procurement and its business partners should review for validation, modification, and realignment of their respective operational/business plans
Procurement’s role in gaining alignment of all stakeholders when business partners’ plans and priorities conflict.
In other industry news:
- Manufacturer Qualtek has introduced its HPLC series, AC fans that withstand harsh environmental conditions—including water and dust. The product has received an IP54 rating and is also available with an IP56 rating for extremely harsh environments. Qualtek AC and DC fans are available from DigiKey, Mouser, and Sager.
- Polyrack Tech Group will present its case and system solutions at Electronica 2014 in hall B1, booth 441. Products include the industrial PC 2 series and the rugged MIL ½ short ATR chassis.
- Vision Components will showcase its intelligent cameras at this year’s VISION exhibition. The VC Z series now uses a new Xilinx hardware module that integrates FPGA logic and a dual core ARM processor. The design minimizes the space required on board and enables a considerable speed boost.
- ECIA’s Quality and Reliability Technical Symposium (QRTS) is calling for papers. The conference will take place in Mesa, Arizona, from March 23-25, 2015. Papers should focus on the development and production of electronic components and can be submitted to [email protected].
- Farsens will be exhibiting at Electronica 2014 (Hall B1, booth 120) and Euro ID 2014 (booth A21) trade fairs. The designer and manufacturer of full passive RFID sensor solutions will be holding demonstrations and display a whole set of wireless, battery-free sensor solutions at the trade fairs.
Rutronik Webinar Series
October 14 – December 12, 2014
October 22, 2014
Hoffman Estates, IL
Embedded Design Show
October 22-23, 2014
Standard and Customized Antennas
October 24, 2014
2014 ECIA Executive Conference
October 26-28, 2014
November 11-14, 2014
2014 NAED Eastern Region Conference
November 10-12, 2014
Marco Island, FL
Avoidance and Visual Indicators of Counterfeit Parts for Management
November 12, 2014
Online Training Course Sponsored by IDEA
ISM Indirect Procurement Conference
December 3-4, 2014
Quality and Reliability Technical Symposium
March 23-25, 2015
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected]